Thursday 28 August 2014

Random Places Familiar Faces | Iceland


This year for my family summer holiday we decided to do something different from the rest and go to Iceland. Before landing I wasn't very keen on the fact of going in a cool place for my summer holiday, but after what I saw from my plane's window I fell completely in love with the view.



Waterfalls are a big thing there. So don't be suprised if you see many waterfalls in this post.



This is one of Iceland's most famous attraction, you will mostly see the picture of this geyser of every tourist guide book.


This was the perfect moment to take a picture, right before the geyser erupted.



We didn't hike much, we drove around Iceland in 10 days and tried to visit as many places as we could. I have a slight obsession with straight roads with great surroundings.


And here's me with the second waterfall of this post! You've might already seen this waterfall if you have Tumblr, there's a picture that has been reblogged hundreds of thousends of times.


Iceland only has 300 thousend inhabitants, of which 200 live in the capital. So you might guess that towns aren't many and aren't very populated.


This was probably the best view. Icebergs? whut? Amazing!


Before flying back from our holiday we stopped in Reykjavik for a short visit. This city is wonderful, the fashion and the people.


For lunch we stopped at Babalu, a very colourful cafe with interesting furniture, the food isn't amazing but the drinks are delicious.

 I read on Lonely Planet of a nice cafe where they served fresh roasted coffee. I had a iced coffee which was served in this really cool jar.


After all I really enjoyed my 10 days on the small not-so-sunny island on the Atlantic Ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric